BLOG - GONDOLA RESORTS
A Summer Visit to The Arrabelle Hotel in Vail
Four-Bedroom Luxury Condominium at The Arrabelle Hotel, Vail Colorado
The Arrabelle at Vail Square is a picturesque castle-like village that offers top tier lodging, dining, and amenities. This extravagant resort lies at the base of Vail’s grand mountains where some of the best skiing and snowboarding in the world exists.
At first sight, walking through Lionshead Village takes your breath away just at the sheer beauty of the intricate architecture that sits on this quaint piece of land. The bridge that connects to the lavish east and west wings of the Arrabelle Resort greets you with the glittering string of lights that greet you from the second you enter into the world of Vail.
Waking up in Vail's world-class 2 bedroom condominium, I kept my blinds open in order to be woken up by the glistening morning sun. I threw on some comfy clothes and drove to the Cucina Restaurant located next to the Vail Mountain Resort. I had a lovely cup of coffee and the Chef’s Benedict, which was marvelous, I find myself visiting Cucina every time I visit Vail.
My week staying in Vail also included a meeting with some close friends to play a round of golf. As a guest of The Arrabelle at Vail Square, I was able to enjoy an exclusive chance to tee it up at the award-winning Red Sky Ranch, with side-by-side courses designed by Tom Fazio and Greg Norman. Summer in Vail is just as spectacular and magical as the city is during the winter season. I discovered the endless activities that Vail offers in all season throughout the year. Sarah, at the Gondola Resorts reservations office, assisted my curiosity by helping me find a list of those activities that allowed me to see every activity I could pick and choose to do at any point of my stay.
Summer activities are endless in this town; I sincerely could not fit everything I wanted to do during my one week stay. I was able to golf with friends, try several of the luxurious Spa treatments in their 10,000-square-foot signature spa, and spend an afternoon in the sun paddle boarding one of the several bodies of water that the Arrabelle offers. The stunning lobby and fireplaces also greeted me after my long days of adventuring and checking things off my long-list of things to do in Vail.
There are over 33,000-square-feet of unique shops, boutiques, art galleries, fine restaurants, and people to meet the second you arrive at the superb slope side retreat. This resort is positively one of the most enchanting places I have been in the entire world. No matter what season you decide to book your stay in Vail, at The Arrabelle, there is always something new to do, see, and try. I could not recommend this resort enough after my lovely stay in the stunning dreamland of Vail. Thank you to Gondola Resorts and The Arrabelle for allowing me to be adventurous and experience a week of extraordinary comfort and relaxation this summer. I will be returning very soon to have another incredible vacation of world-renowned luxury and magic.
Reservations, The Arrabelle Vail: Call 1+(888) 295-2468
Covid-19 Update from The Ritz-Carlton Residences - Vail, Colorado
The Ritz-Carlton Residences in Vail Colorado
In an effort to prioritize your safety as well as that of our homeowners and our team members, we have implemented a number of operational changes that will affect your stay. Please familiarize yourself with these changes prior to your arrival at The Ritz-Carlton Residences. The changes to our normal procedures listed below are expected to be in effect throughout your visit. We will continue to watch closely for updated guidance from Center for Disease Control and Eagle County Public Health. As operational recommendations evolve we will communicate updates to our operating procedures that will affect your stay with us.
· We kindly request that you wear a mask when present in hotel public space and when interacting with hotel staff.
· Our team members are required to wear masks at all times while on duty.
· Hand sanitation stations are placed throughout the property and readily available for your use.
· Public areas will be cleaned and sanitized multiple times daily. This includes high traffic touch points such as doors, elevator buttons, restrooms, etc.
· Valet Service will be available. We ask that you ensure the Front Desk is provided with a cell phone number you or one of your party can be reached at during your stay.
· Ritz-Carlton team members are allowed to handle your luggage or personal items for room delivery or pickup if requested to do so.
· We will only be able to enter a Residence to deliver items if that unit is vacant.
· The Ritz-Carlton courtesy shuttle, will not be available for in town transportation. The free Town of Vail busses continue to run throughout Lionshead and Vail Village.
· Daily housekeeping service and turndown service will not be offered during the first phase of our reopening. Trash will be picked up upon request. We are happy to deliver replacement terry and linen to your guest room door on request, however, we will not be able to enter the unit while you are present.
· Team members, inclusive of housekeeping and engineering, will only enter a unit on a date of occupation to respond to an emergency. If our staff is required to enter an occupied unit, we will kindly request that all occupants of that unit vacate for the duration of time taken to resolve the emergency issue.
· In our initial opening phase, we are able to offer daily food service in the Ritz-Carlton Lounge restaurant from noon until 8PM, and beverage service until 9PM. There are a number of Vail restaurants who have re-opened with limited dining room capacity. Our Ritz-Carlton concierge team (970-477-3760) will be happy to answer questions and to assist with reservations requests.
· Our locker room and treatment rooms are not open. The fitness center will be open from 7:30AM to 5:30PM, with sanitation supplies readily available.
· Our outdoor pool is open from 10AM to 8PM with limited capacity.
· The Ritz-Carlton Front Desk will be staffed 24 Hours to assist with any questions you may have.
2-bedroom club condo at Ritz-Carlton Residences in Vail, Colorado.
Per Eagle County Public Health Order, it is required that you be aware of and comply with the following five Special Provisions for Non-Local Residents visiting Eagle County:
1. Any person that is not a Local Resident that travels to or visits Eagle County (a “non-Local Resident”) must be free of any Symptoms consistent with COVID-19 before arrival.
2. If any Symptoms consistent with COVID-19 are present in the 10 days prior to arrival in Eagle County, the non-Local Resident must not travel to Eagle County.
3. All non-Local Residents will self-screen for Symptoms each morning during their travel within Eagle County.
4. All non-Local Residents that develop Symptoms consistent with COVID-19 during their travel within Eagle County will: a. Adhere to Self-Isolation requirements in Section (IV)(A)(1) above, even if this prolongs their stay in Eagle County at the traveler’s expense. b. Contact a local healthcare provider7 for guidance and to schedule COVID-19 testing as quickly as possible.
5. All non-Local Residents that have been exposed to someone with Symptoms consistent with COVID-19 during their travel will:
a. Adhere to the Self-Quarantine requirements in Section (IV)(A)(2) above,
even if this prolongs their stay in Eagle County and at the traveler’s
b. If Symptoms consistent with COVID-19 develop during the quarantine
period, the traveler must follow the requirements outlined specifically in
the Eagle County Public Health Order.
Our team will be vigilant in protecting our guests, our homeowners, each other and our families by committing to the following:
· I will maintain six feet of social distance
· I will wash my hands thoroughly and often
· I will cover my face in public
· I will stay home when I am sick
· I will get tested immediately if I have symptoms.
We hope that you understand the precautions and measures we are taking are for your and our team’s protection. We are excited to welcome you back to The Vail Collection at The Ritz-Carlton Residences and will do our very best to provide you with a safe, healthy, and enjoyable experience throughout your stay.
Reservations, Ritz-Carlton Vail: Call (888) 295-2468
What guests want now—and what we are doing about it
Gondola Resorts is taking action to evolve the vacation experienceJune 2020
The Arrabelle at Vail Square. Vail, Colorado.
As summer travel returns to Colorado mountain resorts, Gondola Resorts is implementing strategies that adapt specifically to customer's needs. "We’ve continued to gather information from various guest surveys and online questionnaires and put those results to work so all guests feel comfortable booking", says Sarah Taylor, Director of Customer Service. Here’s what guests are saying they want in order to make the trip:
We want the ability to book "last-minute"With some travel restrictions still in place, it’s hard to plan vacations way into the future. While travel varies by region, recently almost one-third of bookings have been made within a week of travel. In all cases, Gondola Resorts has offered "instant bookings" via their website booking engine giving customers a quick and simple way to confirm a reservation.
We want more space and privacyLike all of us, guests want companies to take extra steps to protect themselves—and they want to know what those extra steps are before they check-in to their vacation home. In recent surveys, the majority of past and prospective guests noted they’d feel more comfortable booking a vacation rental home, condo or town home on GondolaResorts.com than at a small hotel. Some guests pointed out that they want to isolate by booking a private residence and away from other guests. Surveys overwhelmingly suggest that guests still want to utilize the amenities like hot tubs, pools and fitness facilities but are concerned about social distancing. Gondola Resorts has issued updates for its locations that give valuable information related to this topic and encourages social distancing by offering lockbox checkin. This minimizes person-to-person contact by avoiding routine maintenance during a guest’s visit.
We want flexibility to cancel with no penaltyThose who are thinking about traveling are understandably wanting more flexibility during these uncertain times. Being able to modify or cancel a reservation encourages guests to go ahead and book. Thus, Gondola Resorts has updated cancellation policies across the board. Previous strict policies have been switched to a flexible or moderate options that best suits their needs
We want to be assured that the unit we rent is clean and free of germsCleanliness is more important than ever. While there is no way to ensure zero risk of infection, there is a need to elevate cleaning routines to help reduce the spread of COVID-19. All housekeeping services that service Gondola Resorts rentals have already committed to an enhanced cleaning protocol, which can be found on the company's homepage. "Due to the coronavirus, housekeeping services are taking extra steps to clean and sanitize frequently touched surfaces between reservations. Ultimately, many decisions are individual, but remember our individual decisions affect others. We’re all called upon to protect ourselves and our neighbor. So, stay home when you're sick, and wear a mask when out in public,” says Gino Malara, President and General Manager of Gondola Resorts.
Gondola Resorts' Cleaning and Sanitizing Reaches New Levels to Protect Guests
The "Gondola Resorts Sanitized Stay" Campaign to Launch in Most Markets by June.
Gondola Resorts will introduce new cleaning procedures at the vacation rentals they offer starting in June.
The program called "Gondola Resorts SanitizedStay" stems from its cleaning partners taking extra steps to promote health and safety. The initiatives are meant to expand on current cleaning procedures and optimizes the time and training that housekeepers spend while caring for a vacation home.
The new cleaning procedures, in various ways, exceeds guidelines recommended by government agencies and hospitality experts. The ultimate goal for every location is to rid germs and viruses that may be present on everything from door knobs, flooring, countertops, showers, light switches, railings, appliances and more. As usual, fresh linens, towels, toiletries and essentials are provided at all properties upon arrival.
"As the coronavirus spreads, it's essential to assure guest safety and peace of mind when offering our vacation homes to our valued guests," said Gino Malara, Gondola Resorts President and General Manager. "Our resort and property management partners are following protocols and best practices to, in turn, allow guests to feel safe. We have the best partners in the vacation rental industry, and it's a duty they have embraced in an effort to provide a cleaner and healthier guest experience".
To expand health and safety at our six Colorado mountain locations, guests should expect expanded cleaning and safety measures like:
- Disinfectants used that are approved by the Environmental Protection Agency
- Housekeepers using gloves and masks while cleaning vacation homes
- Housekeepers concentrating on disinfecting high-touch surfaces
- Employees wearing personal protective equipment
- Contactless check-in where some locations will have lockbox or smartbox systems to retrieve keys
- Washing and drying towels at high temperatures
- Assuring that employees practice social distancing with all guests
- The Dishwasher has been run at high temperature and left empty for the next renter
In Memory of a Shortened Colorado Ski Season. More Importantly, a Celebration of Health, Prosperity and What's to Come.
I want to take this time to thank all of you for trusting Gondola Resorts with your past Colorado vacation. Our 2019/20 winter ski season came to an abrupt halt, but not until we had the privilege of meeting and greeting many of you. We will miss seeing you this spring, but look forward to a day when we can welcome you back to Colorado's mountain resorts.
We are all in this together, and will do our part to monitor the COVID-19 situation and will follow guidance from public health officials and government agencies, so we can continue to support you and welcome you back.
As John Denver so eloquently said, "Commit yourself to do whatever it is you can contribute in order to create a healthy and sustainable future - the world needs you desperately. Find that in yourself and make a commitment - that is what will change the world."
For more information about COVD-19 and what you can do to keep healthy and safe, visit the Centers for Disease Control at cdc.gov or your local health department's website.
Safety, health & prosperity,
President & General Manager
Gondola Resorts, Inc.
Aspen * Beaver Creek * Breckenridge * Keystone * Snowmass * Vail
Year in Review: Top 2 Gondola Resorts Keystone Reviews From 2019
The Gondola Resorts customer service team looks back at 2019 to locate our top 8 guest reviews (2 are listed from Keystone Resort). During all of our guest visits, our team works to earn a 5 star review. This is very important to the men and women who work at Gondola Resorts in Aspen, Beaver Creek, Breckenridge, Keystone, Snowmass and Vail. More importantly, we want our guests to experience a 5-star trip, and we work diligitaly to assure this happens.
Think about the times you have been on the fence about confirming a lodging reservation and only committted because of positive reviews from others. Thus, we see the value in receiving not only positive reviews, but on occasion, we've learned from negative reviews. Sometimes, it feels awkward asking guests for reviews on so many online platforms, but most of the time people will happily share their opinions...and we appreciate it.
View the top Gondola Resorts Lodging guest reviews from 2019 to find out why our guests enjoy doing business with us, and keep coming back year-after-year.
The Timbers 3057 - Keystone, Colorado
"Stayed in Keystone. This remains one of my favorite ski resorts in Colorado itself, mostly because it is fantastic for families and little kids. It has great outdoor recreation, good places to eat, and really excellent beginner slopes. Working with Gondola Resorts was a great experience- condo was clean, staff both on-site and over phone were excellent!. Enjoyed the convenience of Timbers 3057 which was ski-in and ski-out in River Run Village."
LONE EAGLE CONDO - Keystone, Colorado
"The condo was wonderful. We loved making s’mores outside by the fire pit and seeing all the skiers. We also enjoyed the fire place in our condo and the views of the snow were stunning. The shuttles were easily accessible and hardly any wait time to take us from place to place. Our condo also had a trail way to get to the shops and restaurants at our resort. Would definitely stay here again and would recommend this place to anyone! We had a blast!"
New Dillon Amphitheater Attracting Big Talent For Summer 2019
There is no better venue for live-music in Summit County Colorado than Dillon's own lakeside amphitheater. With views over Lake Dillon, sail boats parked on the nearby shores, refreshing craft beer at the marina Tiki Bar and live music stirring, it's no wonder that this summer's concerts are selling out at Dillon's newly renovated ampitheater.
The summer schedule is jam packed with variety. From grammy award winners to country music stars to local Colorado favorites, this concert season will not be one to forget anytime soon.
- MICHAEL FRANTI & SPEARHEAD, Saturday, June 8, 2019
- MIKE ZITO, June 14, 2019
- SHAMARR ALLEN & THE UNDERDAWGS, Saturday, June 15, 2019
- THE LONG RUN, Friday, June 21, 2019
- CLINT BLACK, Wednesday, June 26, 2019
- BUCKSTEIN, Friday, June 28, 2019
- THE NACHO MEN, Friday, July 5, 2019
- GHOST LIGHT, Saturday, July 6, 2019
- COLORADO SYMPHONY, Wednesday, July 10, 2019
- ROBERT CRAY, Friday, July 12, 2019
- THE STRING CHEESE INCIDENT, Tuesday, July 16 & Wednesday, July 17, 2019
- NATIONAL REPERTORY ORCHESTRA, Friday, July 19, 2019
- HAZEL MILLER, Saturday, July 20, 2019
- THE GHOST OF PAUL REVERE, Friday, July 26, 2019
- LAKE STREET DIVE, Saturday, August 3, 2019
- DELVON LAMARR ORGAN TRIO, Friday, August 9, 2019
- RUTHIE FOSTER, Saturday, August 10, 2019
- BRUCE HORNSBY AND THE NOISEMAKERS, Friday, August 16, 2019
- THE B-52S, Saturday, August 17, 2019
201 W Lodgepole St,
Dillon, CO 80435, USA
Winter X-Games Aspen Colorado 2019
It's almost here! The Winter X Games, what else are so many people drooling about inside and outside Aspen, Colorado? It's an Epic Event to the globe's most daring athletes completing in skiing, snowboarding and snowmobiling events, to name just a few. ABC and ESPN will broadcast more than 300 extreme athletes over 4 action-packed days of competition for the most coveted medals in action sports. Entertainment events include the likes of acclaimed musical artists Lil’ Wayne, Louis The Child, The Chainsmokers and KYGO performing live on the X Games musical stage at Buttermilk Ski Resort.
Location & Lodging For Winter X Games
Base of Buttermilk Mountain
Location Address: Aspen, CO 81611
Lodging: www.gondolaresorts.com - Aspen, http://www.gondolaresorts.com/vacation-rentals-homes.asp?cat=13393 - Snowmass
GondolaRelief - Hurricane Michael Assistance
In 2017, the employees at Gondola Resorts and business partners raised money to help those affected by natural disasters. Now, we're doing it again and need your assistance. This month, Hurricane Michael has directly affected thousands of residents in the Florida panhandle. Thus, we've setup ways for people to help them.
Here's how to help:
- Donate financially through Fundly and we'll make sure the money gets to those most affected by the storm
- Purchase essential and desperately needed items through The Gondola Resorts' Amazon Wish List and they will deliver it.
- Post in the Gondola Resorts newsletter to help with this cause.
Keystone and Summit County Colorado Real Estate Transaction Summary
The pace of residential sales slowed slightly in the month of July, dipping 7% compared to last July. Nevertheless, transactions year-to-date are up 11% compared to 2016, and sales volume is up 31%. So far in 2017 there have been 951 residential closings totaling $660 million. The average sales price is currently $653,393 – a 15% rise from this time last year. Land sales have seen an uptick, totaling 81 for the year.
Contact Darryl by calling (888)295-2468
Events In and Around Keystone Resort
1. If an overnight running relay party is on your bucket list, don’t miss the Ragnar Relay on Friday, August 25 through Saturday, August 26. You and your team will begin at Copper Mountain and tackle roughly 200 miles of relay running through beautiful Colorado. The finish line takes you to Aspen Snowmass for craft beer and an epic party to celebrate. For lodging and vacation rentals in Aspen or Snowmass, call 303.420.9963.
2. Kick up your heels and raise a stein with Colorado-brewed Oktoberfest beers from New Belgium, oompah bands and German fare that will make your mouth water. Keystone’s Oktoberfest kicks off on Friday, September 1 with a Brats, Belgians and Brews dinner and continues through Saturday, September 2 in River Run Village.
Aspen Leads Nation with $7.1M Average Residential Real Estate Transactions
Want to live and work in Aspen, Colorado? Well, it's going to cost you. The average home has skyrocketed to $7.1 million, the strongest growth in the cities history. With an average sold price per square foot of $1,579, Aspen continues to boast it's millionaire and celebrity list. Well, let me correct that statement. The billionaires have run off the millionaires. The latter has been pushed to regions outside the city limits including Carbondale and even Glenwood Springs. Even Amazon's Jeff Bezos and parents have jumped on the Aspen Billionaire list by building a massive home on lower Red Mountain although they've been residents since 1999. "Aspen is the richest city in the world," says Gino Malara of Gondola Resorts. "Consider the people who live there and it makes sense why others want to follow."
We're also seeing all time highs in the Aspen vacation rental market with homes and condos up 290% compared to the same time last year. The number of transactions have increased, rising 398%. We saw the strongest Aspen condo rentals within the downtown core region in July which averaged $823.00 per night. Average in the St. Regis, Grand Hyatt, and Ritz-Carlton Residence Club condos and the number exceeds $1,200 per night. Unlike most ski resort towns, Aspen visitors stay much longer in the summer time with average short term vacations at 11.2 days. Take for example Keystone Resort Colorado that averages 3.2 days in the summer.
This year a lot of money was made in the growing stock market, and it makes sense that people spend that money on luxury vacations and real estate investment. Of course, low interest rates have helped springboard both since the devastating affect of the financial crisis.
Next time, we'll share data that focuses more on the 2017 luxury vacation rental home industry in Aspen and Snowmass around the holiday season where typical Christmas and New Years rentals range from $5 - $25K per night with the largest homes exceeding 10,000 square feet. Of course, square footage isn't the sole driver of these prices. If you have a ski/in ski/out home in Aspen, your nightly rent will easily surpass $15K per night during the Christmas holiday season. Ho Ho Ho!
Aspen is known for its world-class skiing, but it's also a year-round mountain resort and beautiful natural oasis. Take a look at just a few of the spectacular events happening in Aspen this summer.
If you like country music, you’ll love the Holden/Marolt Hoedown. The June 13th event features live music from the Smuggler Mountain Boys, children’s activities, barbecue, beer and farm animals.
Take a beautiful stroll through the Victorian West End in Aspen and learn more about the history and architecture of the area. The tour includes facts about the homes and the former residents. It takes place all summer on Tuesday through Saturday at 10:30 a.m.
The Food & Wine Classic in Aspen is one of the most highly touted culinary events in the country. It’s a chance for visitors to taste a range of food and wine offerings and enjoy the beautiful scenery of Aspen Mountain.
The Aspen Ideas Festival is a public gathering for leaders from all over the globe that lets them engage in deep discussions around the ideas and issues that shape our current lives. It’s hosted by The Aspen Institute and takes place June 22 to July 1st.
Musical lovers will enjoy seeing a live production of Hairspray, the Musical at Hurst Theatre in Rio Grande Park. The musical has won eight Tony Awards, including Best Musical.
Celebrate the 4th of July in style at Aspen’s Old Fashioned 4th of July Party. Locals and visitors gather to honor the nation with a parade, a carnival for kids, live music, picnics, fireworks and more.
The Scottish Festival is a highlight of summer and features bagpipe bands, Scottish athletes, Irish dancers, Celtic music and, of course, Scotch and whiskey tasting. It takes place August 4th to 6th.
Enjoy some of the world’s most accomplished and promising musicians by attending a show at the Aspen Music Festival. You can find tickets for a variety of shows, from Rufus Wainwright to Chamber Music groups.
The JAS June Experience features three nights of live music in a beautiful outdoor setting. Featured acts this year include Earth, Wind & Fire and Michael McDonald.
The popular mountain bike race takes place in the four ski areas on Aspen Snowmass and consists of both solo racers and relay teams. Experienced bikers can enter and fans can line up and watch at the finish line.
2017 Summer Calendar - Summit County Events
1. It's not summer in Summit County until we kick off the boating season at Lake Dillon. Frisco's Rock the Dock party returns Saturday, June 3rd from 11-3 pm at the Frisco Bay Marina. Enjoy free live music, plus burger and drink specials while soaking up the sun at The Island Grill.
2. Run the Rockies Road Half Marathon and 10k on Saturday, June 3rd is a local's favorite. Beginning in Copper Mountain this year, the course will take racers along the Ten mile Range on the paved recreation path finishing on Frisco Main Street. Be sure to stick around for the post-race party at the Frisco Historic Park, which includes pizza and beer. Register online here.
3. Every Friday evening starting on June 9th, grab a beverage and experience the magic of a rocky mountain evening at Copper Mountain's Brews and Tunes. In Center Village's aprés alley, you'll find life-sized lawn games and free live music from Umberto Fonte on the west lake stage.
4. The Dillon farmer's market kicks off the season on Friday, June 9. Enjoy the harvests of the season every Friday from 9am to 2pm. In addition to farm fresh produce you'll also find artisan goods, live music, family entertainment and yoga in the park.
5. Mark your calendars for the Lake Dillon Brew Fest on Saturday, June 10 from 1-5 pm at the Dillon Marina Park. Over 25 of Colorado's world-class breweries will gather to serve up craft beers to thirsty crowds of avid beer connoisseurs. Stick around for the free evening concert at the Dillon Amphitheatre featuring the Randy Hansen Experience.