Aspen is known for its world-class skiing, but it's also a year-round mountain resort and beautiful natural oasis. Take a look at just a few of the spectacular events happening in Aspen this summer.
If you like country music, you’ll love the Holden/Marolt Hoedown. The June 13th event features live music from the Smuggler Mountain Boys, children’s activities, barbecue, beer and farm animals.
Take a beautiful stroll through the Victorian West End in Aspen and learn more about the history and architecture of the area. The tour includes facts about the homes and the former residents. It takes place all summer on Tuesday through Saturday at 10:30 a.m.
The Food & Wine Classic in Aspen is one of the most highly touted culinary events in the country. It’s a chance for visitors to taste a range of food and wine offerings and enjoy the beautiful scenery of Aspen Mountain.
The Aspen Ideas Festival is a public gathering for leaders from all over the globe that lets them engage in deep discussions around the ideas and issues that shape our current lives. It’s hosted by The Aspen Institute and takes place June 22 to July 1st.
Musical lovers will enjoy seeing a live production of Hairspray, the Musical at Hurst Theatre in Rio Grande Park. The musical has won eight Tony Awards, including Best Musical.
Celebrate the 4th of July in style at Aspen’s Old Fashioned 4th of July Party. Locals and visitors gather to honor the nation with a parade, a carnival for kids, live music, picnics, fireworks and more.
The Scottish Festival is a highlight of summer and features bagpipe bands, Scottish athletes, Irish dancers, Celtic music and, of course, Scotch and whiskey tasting. It takes place August 4th to 6th.
Enjoy some of the world’s most accomplished and promising musicians by attending a show at the Aspen Music Festival. You can find tickets for a variety of shows, from Rufus Wainwright to Chamber Music groups.
The JAS June Experience features three nights of live music in a beautiful outdoor setting. Featured acts this year include Earth, Wind & Fire and Michael McDonald.
The popular mountain bike race takes place in the four ski areas on Aspen Snowmass and consists of both solo racers and relay teams. Experienced bikers can enter and fans can line up and watch at the finish line.
2017 Summer Calendar - Summit County Events
1. It's not summer in Summit County until we kick off the boating season at Lake Dillon. Frisco's Rock the Dock party returns Saturday, June 3rd from 11-3 pm at the Frisco Bay Marina. Enjoy free live music, plus burger and drink specials while soaking up the sun at The Island Grill.
2. Run the Rockies Road Half Marathon and 10k on Saturday, June 3rd is a local's favorite. Beginning in Copper Mountain this year, the course will take racers along the Ten mile Range on the paved recreation path finishing on Frisco Main Street. Be sure to stick around for the post-race party at the Frisco Historic Park, which includes pizza and beer. Register online here.
3. Every Friday evening starting on June 9th, grab a beverage and experience the magic of a rocky mountain evening at Copper Mountain's Brews and Tunes. In Center Village's aprés alley, you'll find life-sized lawn games and free live music from Umberto Fonte on the west lake stage.
4. The Dillon farmer's market kicks off the season on Friday, June 9. Enjoy the harvests of the season every Friday from 9am to 2pm. In addition to farm fresh produce you'll also find artisan goods, live music, family entertainment and yoga in the park.
5. Mark your calendars for the Lake Dillon Brew Fest on Saturday, June 10 from 1-5 pm at the Dillon Marina Park. Over 25 of Colorado's world-class breweries will gather to serve up craft beers to thirsty crowds of avid beer connoisseurs. Stick around for the free evening concert at the Dillon Amphitheatre featuring the Randy Hansen Experience.